This page contains info on the A Car for a Year with Europcar prize for Macca’s Monopoly Australia 2020! Or click here for our feature post with the latest game info, rare pieces and prize information!
Terms and Conditions
1. Each One Year Europcar Car Rental prize comprises of one (1) Mitsubishi ASX (or similar) for an entire year of car rental (up to a maximum of 40,000 kilometres) with Europcar valued at $20,000.00 (“Car Rental”).
2. The Promotional Partner for the One Year Europcar Car Rental prize is CLA Trading Pty Ltd (ABN 81 082 220 399).
3. Car Rental is subject to the Europcar’s standard rental terms and conditions available at europcar.com.au/monopoly.
4. A Car Rental winner will receive one vehicle for an entire year for use within Australia from the redemption date, valued up to $20,000 (including GST) (up to a maximum of 40,000 kilometres at no extra cost is included in the prize, with excess kilometres charged at $0.25 per kilometre excluding GST). Type of vehicle is subject to availability.
5. The Car Rental prize cannot be transferred (unless otherwise stated) and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. The Car Rental prize winner must be no less than 21 years of age and hold a full, current, unrestricted Australian driving licence for the entire rental period and appropriate for the class of vehicle that shows a current residential address and which is written in English, or an international licence translated into English. In addition to a driver’s licence, an international driving licence is also mandatory if the driver’s licence is written in a language different to the one of the renting country and/or in characters that cannot be read in the renting country. Note that an international driving licence is valid only if accompanied by a normal driving licence. Driving licences must be valid in the country of rental.
7. If the prize winner is under 18 years of age, the prize may only be transferred to their legal guardian or if they are 18 years of age or older, the prize may be transferred to a member of their immediate family (mother, father, sister, brother, spouse, or domestic partner) who is aged 21 years or more.
8. The Car Rental prize winner must only use the vehicle for recreational use. The vehicle must not be used for commercial or any ride sharing activity.
9. Additional options and all ancillary costs (including travel to and from the rental location) are the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner.
10. The Damage Liability Protection included (subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agreement) will incorporate a Reduced Liability Fee (excess) of $2,000 + GST (21-24 years of age) or $1,000 + GST (25 years or older). In the event of an accident or incident involving a Europcar vehicle a damage fee is charged only when the loss is investigated and determined. The charge is calculated as the Damage Liability Fee or the final cost of the damage, whichever is lower.
11. Winner agrees to pay the agreed excess amount to the insurer in the event of each damage claim during the rental period.
12. The Car Rental prize winner is required to return the vehicle to the Promotional Partner in the manner required for any manufacturer’s scheduled services that may fall within the 1-year rental redemption period, at no additional cost to the Car Rental prize winner (subject to responsible use of vehicle).
13. Vehicle registration will be covered by Europcar throughout the duration of the 1-year rental redemption period.
14. Up to 40,000 kilometres at no extra cost is included in the Car Rental prize, with excess kilometres charged at $0.25 per kilometre excluding GST ($0.275 per km including GST).
15. Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses including but not limited to petrol, fines, tolls, excess kilometres and damage costs become the responsibility of the Car Rental prize winner. The Car Rental prize winner must provide an approved credit card at the time of redemption to cover these charges valid for the full term of the rental.
16.The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage or mistreatment to the hire vehicle caused by the Car Rental prize winner. The Promoter will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Car Rental prize winner through mistreatment, illegal behaviour, or a violation of the vehicle hire’s terms and conditions of use.
17. The Car Rental prize winner is not eligible to earn points through any loyalty program(s).
18. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Europcar reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation.